• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Delivery Question

Reaction score
Yep! That's right, another one of those impatient people who can't handle another sleepless nights of waiting for their new/first mac. Sorry!

Heres my situation..
Ordered my new MacBook on Friday 31st. Apparently it was then shipped the following day (a saturday). Last night I check the status report and it was, Perparing Handover to Carrier, Great! So it was a Depo warehouse somewhere? This morning it had been updated to 'In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule'. I'm guessing this means its on its way to me right now from the depo warehouse? Wicked! However! The estimated delivery time is the 10th - 11th of November :S so which is it? Also the carrier status has not been updated just says 'In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.' like it has done since it was shipped.

Sorry I am just very impatient, I'm like a 5 year old on christmas eve! hehe
Also just to point out i am in the UK, and sorry if i have posted in the wrong section.
Thanks Josh.

Reaction score
Same here (although I ordered my MacBook Pro, on 2nd November). Dispatched on the 5th November, and all the page says is "In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly." with a estimated delivery date 14th November.

Does this usually happen?

transitja3.png

Reaction score
This means that it is being sent to the carrier (most likely UPS as I'm guessing you're in the UK) - by at least tomorrow you should get a tracking number with the company that will deliver it to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I remember this when I ordered my MBP a few years ago... Ah, the agony of watching the tracking screen... I remember seeing that mine sat in a warehouse in Andover for two days... I almost drove there!!

OP
J
Reaction score
It Finally came today! Felt like ages! The Shipping time changed this morning to the 6th of november and i was given the tracking number as you said. Opened it when i got home from college, brilliant!
I'm Loving it at the moment! So many new things to get used to as this is my first mac. I'm getting addicted!
Thanks Apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.