command + del not working w/ ext. keyboard

Reaction score
hi all. Newbie here - just bought a macbook pro after years on PC and so far I'm loving it. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to use command + del to delete a file (should have come here first) but now I've run into another snag. When using my external keyboard (the mac wired keyboard - not sure model number) command + del doesn't work, it doesnt do anything. I've tested the keys individually (command by copying and pasting and delete by deleting text) and they both work perfectly in that regard, but not in combination to delete files. I have to reach up to the built in keyboard and "command + del" there to get rid of the files.

Any suggestions for a fix?

OP
M
Reaction score
nevermind folks - was talking to a friend and found the answer. since i had never used a full sized mac keyboard before, I didnt realize there were two delete keys, and I was using the wrong one.

Mods, feel free to delete if you'd like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.