iworks Pages Save As

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you find this as annoying as I do.

I update invoices that are found in different places throughout my computer. Whenever I update an invoice, I do a save as so that I still maintain the old version. On a PC, when you do a Save As, by default, it puts you in the folder of where the original file is (awesome!). In iworks '08 on my mac, by default, it puts me in the folder of the last document I saved something in (incredibly stupid!). That means that every time I update an invoice in a different folder on the mac, I have to navigate to where the original document is. This is a big deal when you have lots of documents that you do this to.

Is anybody aware of any workarounds for this? Is this an iworks only thing?

Reaction score
Will this work ??? Then just Save and the newest file will have the original name and the older one will have a backup name.

Picture 4.jpg

OP
D
Reaction score
Will this work ??? Then just Save and the newest file will have the original name and the older one will have a backup name.

Thanks for this.

I noticed I have this check mark on. This might be a work around for now, but part of the reason for renaming the files is so that I can name it by the date that the file was created. Just having Backup of.... and then backup of backup of.... and etc. would be less desirable.

I wish there was a global way of controlling this on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.