Word bounces once then won't open

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
****it I can't get word to open! I've never had this problem before, the icon just bounces once and then nothing happens whatsoever at all. I've tried opening it by itself and I've tried opening documents and I just can't get it to work!

Anybody know what the hecks going on?

Thanks,
-CHRIS

Reaction score
Funny thing, the same happened to me a couple of hours ago, but with Toast. Had to reinstall it to make it work.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
This seriously sucks. I'm spending hours on this instead of writing the actual paper I need to be writing.
I thought I got a Mac so I wouldn't have these types of problems!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
Oh great, system preferences won't open either. It opens for a second and then crashes. And there's a blinking magnifying glass in the top right corner of my screen where the time should be.

I'm sick to my stomach.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
Ugh. Itunes and Excel are now not working even though they were working 5 minutes ago. Is this thing melting down before my eyes?

I guess I'll take it in to an Apple store tomorrow and see if they can do anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Home>Library>Preferences>Microsoft>Office 2008 (or 2004) and drag to the desktop Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist.

Restart Windows and new preference files will be installed. If all is well trash old files that were dragged to the desktop. If still problems, uninstall using uninstaller, and do a clean install and update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.