Start up disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Hey all i just ran onyx and while verfying start up disk it was unable and told me to start with the install disc to repair. Well i went to disk utilites but was unable to find out how to repair this disk... can anyone give me any ideas. thanks in advace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Hey all i just ran onyx and while verfying start up disk it was unable and told me to start with the install disc to repair. Well i went to disk utilites but was unable to find out how to repair this disk... can anyone give me any ideas. thanks in advace

Before continuing with the following process I would go into Disk Utility, select the Macintosh HD, and verify the disc there just to see that Disk Utility says is going on. If it gives you an error message follow this process to repair it, it's usually a simple software issue:

Put in recovery disc 1.

Restart computer holding C at startup. This will make the comp boot up from the recovery disc instead of the Macintosh HD, as you can't repair the drive if it's in use.

In the menu bar at the top you will have a utilities option. Click utilities.

Click Disk Utility.

Select "Macintosh HD" on left side.

Click "repair disk" on bottom right corner.

Computer will fix itself!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.