Black text changing to white

Reaction score
I had posted a query re: this a number of months ago, but I am still having the same problem. I am relative newbee to the Mac world, having ditched my PC life about a year ago. I am publishing a newsletter using Pages. I am using the Word Processing format. Foe aesthetics and style, I am creating rectangular Shapes with a light brown colour fill. Within that I am creating a Text box, in which I type my text, in black. I sometimes also have pictures within the text. The final document is then exported as a PDF document, which is then sent off to the great unwashed masses as an attachment.

My problem is that out of a distribution of about 100, I get a few people complaining that they can't read the text. They say it shows up as white text, instead of black. Most if not all the complainants are on PCs. I have a feeling that somehow the problem is caused by the combination of the "Shape" and the "Text box"and layering i-e the text should be "brought forward" or to the front. I have tried this, but jury is still out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well for one thing, your PC recipients would have to be using one of several PDF viewer applications in order to open and view the document as there is no built in PDF viewer in Windows.

That means either Adobe Acrobat viewer or the free Foxit viewer. Why don't you try to find out what they're using and perhaps you can track it down that way? It seems to me to be an isolated thing and not one that I would worry over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.