iWeb Font question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.8Ghz Core 2, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.2
Dear Mac Forums users,

Hi there, having recently ditched my PC laptop (of 20 years!!!) to convert to Mac, I am enjoying the way things just work, hassle free. :)

I have previously designed some html websites, using the Bradlet Hand ITC font, on the windows PC.

On trying iWeb (08, just waiting for 09 upgrade to be shipped to me:), I am finding it a very quick and simple tool to use, and it is great for creating some of the websites I am producing.

I would like to use the Bradley Hand ITC font, I use this on my windows PC, but cannot find this in iWeb.

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to install this font on my Macbook Pro

I have found through searching on the web, very expensive font packs to download (£50 +) is this my only option?

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
It looks to me as if iWeb simply uses the same collection of fonts that all the other Apple apps use. So, if you have the Bradlet font, just add it to the other fonts in the (User)/Library/Fonts folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Download Bradley Hand ITC here and once it is downloaded, open up Font Book and drag the .ttf file into the Font Book window which will automatically install it to your system.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You do realize that the font will only show up if the person viewing the webpage has that font installed on their machine right?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
excellent that got it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You do realize that the font will only show up if the person viewing the webpage has that font installed on their machine right?

Yes, that's indeed true. As a result, you need to either:
(1) use only common fonts such as Times New Roman, Helvecita, ect.
or (2) if you REALLY want something to ALWAYS display in a certain font, make an image of it and insert it into your webpage. Images should always display the same on all computers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, I was already going to do option 2.

Many thanks though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.