Can't load music on iPhone

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am unable to load music onto my iPhone. I've already restored the iPhone once, thinking that would fix the problem. It didn't. I am able to load music on an iPod nano just fine, but when I drag music onto the iPhone the selection just bounces back.

Any idea what's up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
As I understand it, you have to sync the iPhone with a Playlist, drag and drop doesn't work.

I picked that up on another forum btw....

OP
D
Reaction score
Drag and drop doesn't work???

I can only synch playlists???

Say it ain't so!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The only person I know who has one has not yet tried this yet, so I don't have confirmation from a reliable source. He's still having SIM issues. I would say take it with a grain of salt, but try it and see.

EDIT: There is a whole thread about this at iLounge:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=199926

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Hard to imagine what Steve Jobs was thinking when he decided to make a $600 iPhone act like a $99 shuffle. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Option 1 - create a playlist and only sync that one (or create a few and sync them all)
Option 2 - place check marks in front of the songs you want on your iPhone, then on the iPhone screen at the bottom check the "sync only checked items" box
Option 3 - check them all and let them all go over and/or uncheck the sync only checked items box and the entire library should sync over

Reaction score
sync iphone

well i didnt have to make 1 playlist like everyone is saying...i just went to the music tab and then individually clicked on each artist and then replugged in my iphone with the "autosync" upon plug-in and all my songs were copied. i understand the playlist works for all. but for me i just clicked on all artists in the music tabs under "artists" and it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
well i didnt have to make 1 playlist like everyone is saying...i just went to the music tab and then individually clicked on each artist and then replugged in my iphone with the "autosync" upon plug-in and all my songs were copied. i understand the playlist works for all. but for me i just clicked on all artists in the music tabs under "artists" and it worked.

ya it's gotten a little easier in the 2 years and 6 months since that thread was published :D. Very nice use of the search feature.

Welcome aboard.
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.