Professional Slideshow programmes?

Reaction score
Hi there.
Can anyone recommend a professional slideshow programme?
I have around 300 photos to turn into a slideshow for output to HDTV on DVD.
I'm also doing two weddings soon and output to DVD would also be necessary.
I've been using Aperture 3 but the slideshow themes are a little limiting.
Can anyone recommend another piece of software?
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Try iPhoto. There are many more themes available, it might suit what you're looking for.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks Schweb. I tried that, not good enough to be honest with you. Many of them just don't look professional enough...do you have any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well you'd need to help us understand what doesn't look "professional" enough about them in a little more detail.

I know quite a few professionals who have used them and I've seen them used in professional settings. So without some more detail, then I'm not sure where to point you.

OP
W
Reaction score
Sorry, Schweb, maybe I should have been more specific. What I meant is that quite a few of the themes look like they're for fun and holiday snaps. The other problem is that Aperture and iPhoto don't give you enough control over the slideshow themes so although some of them look okay, it would be nice to be able to have total control over the slideshow. Is there any programme out there that could be recommended to help with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The only other one I've used is Lightroom.. which is very controllable in terms of your slideshow presentation. Might want to download the trial and see if it fits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're looking for super granular control, you may need to step up to movie software like iMovie or Final Cut

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll try both of those suggestions and see how it goes.
Much obliged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g
I understand there are plenty of professionals here, but if you really want to step up the level, maybe you can find a professional photography/video forum where they deal in the higher end products you seek? Those people on those forums and the ones here might very well use the same software... just a thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.