video ipod questions

Reaction score
I have been out of the tech. loop for the past few monthes so the video ipod is brand new to me. I just picked one up today want to take advantage of its capabilities as soon possible. so i have a few questions

best way to take personal .mov .mp4 etc file movies and putting them on the ipod....as in do i need to convert them to another format..does itunes do that all for me...( i sound like a tech. idiot really im just new to the vid ipod)

when/if i will be be converting movies are the certain specs i should convert to resolution etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I can't seem to get isquint to work properly. I have been using ffmpegX. It's free, just do a search for it on versiontracker. While i haven't loaded anything onto my wife's ipod yet(christmas gift, so it's not open yet) I have had no problem getting the videos to load into itunes, so I imagine it would not be a problem loading them into the ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.