matshita dvd-r uj-85j firmware Revision FBZ8

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm having an issue about not being able to author/burn a DVD from DVDSP. I've tried different DVD's and while I try to fix the issue from that side, I've started to wonder if there may be an issue with the drive itself.
This is what I have: matshita dvd-r uj-85j firmware Revision FBZ8

So, 1. has anyone had issues with this drive? and 2. Is this the latest firmware revision? If not, do you know how and where I can find the latest revision?

Thank you!

Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably have the latest firmware for your drive but you can check here to make sure. Be very careful about applying a firmware upgrade to an optical drive - any optical drive. I've seen them rendered useless by a firmware upgrade that went south.

Regards.

Reaction score
Hello

I tried the link you posted but its not working.

Could you direct me to the site please?

I have a 2006 Imac intel with Matshita UJ-85 J - firmware FCQ5 - which for some reason has stopped working since a software update.

Also i have a MBP mid 2007 again this has stopped writing to Dual layer discs, again after a software update.

Thanks.

Reaction score
The software updates that periodically appear, when you click on the apple logo top left corner or sometimes you get a windows appearing to tell you there is an update for your machine.

Both drives in both machines worked well a few months ago, now nothing.

Got the firmware list , so how do you install it to the machines, unpack & install?

Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.