Help - Can't see music files on external HDD

Reaction score
Hi,

My music library is kept on my husband pc, and when I want to put music on my iphone i have to transfer the tracks to a usb key and then connect my phone to my mac and upload the tunes to itunes that way. But this is not the problem.

A friend gave me there ipod to upload all of my husbands music to, we tried connecting it to his pc but as his pc is playing up and won't connect the ipod we could'nt add the music that way. we moved our music library to an external hdd and connected this to my mac but the music files wont show in the music folder, but all the other folders and docs on the external HDD show up.

Also in the bottom left corner there is a pencil striked through, whats the problem with viewing the files please?

Fuzzy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should not upload music you paid for from iTunes or other sources to someone else's iPod or computer since that person has no legal right to the music. They didn't pay for it, you did. Please respect Apple's EULA and label copyright concerning music you purchased from iTunes.

If the music you have in your library is open source and can legally be shared, see this LINK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Heya chscag mate, just a heads up.... you forgot to close it :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Kane. I was editing and wanted to give the OP the benefit of doubt.
:) We'll keep it open for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.