Playing HD in intel iMac Core Duo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i've been having problems lately playing HD movie trailers on my mac lately and it has been very annoying, since my older intel mini didn't seem to hve this problem.

i've been trying to play the 780p versions and they come through all disjointed and out of whack. i own quicktime pro 7.1.13, so that is the newest version. my iMac is the intel 20" 2.0 Core Duo with the 256mg card upgrade and 2gb of memory.

any clues to what is slowing things down??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you watching the movies through apple's trailer site?

HD material has extremely high bandwidth requirements, so you'll often have dropped frames and such when trying to stream it.

There's a site somewhere that offers links to the direct .mov downloads, try downloading them completely first and they should play fine.

H

Hulk_SMASH

I've got a mac mini and am having no problems at all playing the 720p trailers and stuff, just wait for it to download because the files are pretty huge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.