I am trying to install AIM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
Hello! .... first off I got my first mac (mac book) on thursday I am super happy!
But I really am not happy with the ichat. Therefore I am trying to download AIM... and it downloads from the website for a mac and everything is fine, but it downloads as a .bin file... and when I click it , it opens in excel. It dosen't start setting up... What to do?

:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would suggest that you just stop trying to download AIM. It is super buggy even if you do get it to download.
Just use iChat. It is MUCH better and you can still use your AIM account with it.
Alternatively, you could use Adium X if you really don't like iChat that much.
:black:

If you absolutely must use AIM, then you will need to download Stuffit Expander to open the .bin file to install AIM.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
thanks for the advice! I am going to try downloading it and see what happens....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
www.adiumx.com AIM sucks for mac... mine restarts itself every 15 minutes or so. Havent had a single issue with adium except that file transfer is awkward.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.