Missing WiFi interface?

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks in advance from a new member.

MacPro Duel Core Intel Xeon 2.66
running 10.5.8
3 gb ram

I've recently "lost" my wifi configuration from my network preferences. I may or may not have somehow deleted it, but it no longer shows up in the interface for services.

I was running a usb wireless lan card as I don't have an airport card. It worked fine till I "lost" it.

Any ideas on how to get it back?
Should I reinstall Leopard?
I'm currently burning a Lion Install disk (just put it on my MacBook), should I just wait and install that?

TIA,
Cliff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, I would make sure the LAN card didn't die. Do you have access to another that you can substitute? And, it's probably not a good idea to install Lion until you get everything else worked out. Also, you want to make sure all your hardware is supported in Lion. Might be a good idea to have an Airport card on hand just in case.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not double post. Your duplicate post has been deleted. Reply back to your own thread if you wish to "bump" it to the top. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do all your other USB devices work and did you try another USB port.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you make a change or add an app in other words trying to retrace your steps to what may have coincided with the loss of wireless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.