Are these two Operating Systems the same???

Reaction score
Thought I would ask the pros about this one as I am only moderately familiar with Macs. Sorry if it should be posted somewhere else.

I sold a G3 Powerbook on Ebay for a friend last week. The guy got it yesterday and is telling me the display is broken on it. He sent me a pic of it, but it looks like a different OS to me. The time display is in a different place, the apple icon is blue on mine and colored on his, and the icons on the desktop are different sizes. Sorry I dont have a better pic of the non-broken one, but this is the only one I have w/ a view of the toolbar. Is there any way these are the same lappy? Just trying to not get screwed for being ignorant. Pics attached. Thanks in advance.

G3OK.jpg

G3Broken2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The first picture has either OS X 10.0 or 10.1, it is hard to see because it is so blurry.
The second photo has a machine running OS 9.
The PowerBook G3's were capable of dual booting (either OS X or OS 9), so it is very possible that it is still the same machine.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Just wanted to be sure before I issued a refund. Much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.