Certain windows software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM 120gb HDD
Hello, Ive been using mac for almost a year now, I still use windows (now and again) but my main computer is my macbook, hooked up to my 22" widescreen of course ;D

There is almost nothing it cant do! except run a virtual machine (got 4gb of ram on the way for that though!) But im trying to run Microsoft sharepoint designer and i can't get anything to run it

Ive tried using crossover! Anyone know any other good apps like that? :|

ty!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is almost nothing it cant do! except run a virtual machine (got 4gb of ram on the way for that though!) But im trying to run Microsoft sharepoint designer and i can't get anything to run it

You're probably not going to be satisfied running Sharepoint Designer from a VM or Crossover. It's best to use Boot Camp and run it natively from Windows XP or Vista. The reason is because you want all the graphical power and 3D ability you can get from native Windows rather then settle on using virtual machine drivers or the emulation which Crossover provides.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM 120gb HDD
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have just ordered 4GB ram for the macbook so will be running VMWare for just quick sessions but i have boot camp set up and if im doing a long project or something then i will use that!

Once again,
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.