Macbook 2.4 - MB/GB upgrade?

Reaction score
Hello all, have been a Windows user for a long time now and after using the macs at uni and work, I feel that i've gotta get one - I'm going for the 2.4 GHz with 2MB and 160GB at the moment and I use photoshop cs3, illustrator, word and web browsing alot - so my question is, do I need to upgrade to 4MB (and then 250GB, just for the extra space) to ensure the applications will run smoothly? Or are the original specifications fine for this?

Thanks.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd save yourself the money because you can always buy these things and install them yourself without the 400% Apple Markups for upgrades.

As to your question on the RAM, that's up to you. It really depends what you do in Photoshop, if you are doing a lot of filters and effects more RAM might be a better idea.

The HDD is kind of the same, I like to have as much space on my HDD as possible without it draining my batteries. I'd say the 320 GB HDD are probably your best bet.

The 500 GB ones are kind of disappointing because they are slow on the access times or they suck at energy efficacy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.