HTML problem

Reaction score
i have MAC os. If i run my html page wat i created with correct syntax its get displaying along with the HTML tags in the browser. The whole code what in text editor is get displayed in browser (Mozilla). The same code i run in windows the mesaage alone is got displayed in the browser.
pls help me to rectify this problem.. soon please:| :|

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to proper forum - Not a comment on the forum but a problem with web design*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It is probably best to post up the code if anybody can solve this one

Reaction score
I'm wondering what you created your page in? If you created it from scratch in TextEdit you should be fine -- if you created it in a WYSIWYG editor and typed the code in the wrong interface, or if you created it in word, it may be "coding your code" for you and causing the HTML tags to show up.

OP
K
Reaction score
Code

<html>
<head>
<title>HTML Program
</title>
</head>
<body>
This is my first HTML program
</body>
</html>

Thanks for replying dude... this was my code,,, wen i saved wit .html and opened it.. the whole thing is displayed in the browser... is there any specific way to save HTML in MAC dude.. pls reply...

Reaction score
You need to be working in a plain text program. What program did you use? If you are using Text Edit (my suggestion) make sure it is set to plain text, not rich text. You can change TextEdit's preferences to always default to plain text by going to "preferences" from the "textedit" menu. Then select "Plain text" under "New Document Attributes."

Your existing document may be rich text, so you should choose "make plain text" in the "format" menu and re-save it, if it is.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
What Verviana said - its my bet too that it wasn't saved as ASCII / Plain text

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.2Ghz, 4GB Memory, 120GB HDD, LCD Display, OS X Tiger
what program did you use to create it? Like the others said, if it's not saving it correctly you won't actually get a true html page.

M

MacHeadCase

I copied and pasted your code in TextEdit, saved it as an .html file, dropped it in a Safari window and it works.

I think you just need to make sure the preferences for TextEdit are set to Plain Text, as verviana and others have pointed out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.