Best Digital Camera Under $200

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011, 13" MacBook Pro, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, 320GB, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, OS X Lion
So first of all I am new to using the Mac Products. I just bought my first MacBook Pro in May of this year. I also purchased Aperture. I am taking my mother on a cruise in about two weeks and I wanted to get some good pictures and create one of those hardback photobooks for her. So my question is what is a solid digital camera for under $200. I would like for it to have the built in GPS. So far here is the one I have been looking at.

Amazon.com: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V 10.2MP CMOS 10x Wide Angle Zoom Digital Camera with Optical Steady Shot Image Stabilization and 3.0 inch LCD: Camera & Photo

Any thoughts? Thanks

Dustin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM
Digital Photography Review gives it a good review, particularly for travel. They have a group test of compact super zoom cameras on their website.

Here's the review of the Sony model you're interested in:

DP Review: Sony DSC-HX5

You can read the other parts of the group test (along with the other cameras reviewed) by pulling down the small numbered drop-down menu near the top of the screen near the words "group test".

Have fun!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.