Project Planning and Project Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to find some fairly professional project management and project planning software. I need it to help facilitate defining project plans, including tasks, resources, dependencies, % complete, etc. Gantt charts and other reports are required, too. This is for my business, so I need something a bit more than what entourage provides, or any freeware that I can find...

Ideally, I'd like the UI to provide the ability to visually drag and drop tasks to indicate dependencies, indent or nest them in phases (or "summary categories"), or extend the time estimates.

I did my search homework before posting this thread, and saw a thread out here from January that mentioned Omniplan. That looks pretty good, but I've also found Merlin and SharedPlan, which looked pretty good, too.

FYI, Mindjet offers a tool called JVCGantt which looks like it would be perfect, but it's pc-only. I thought I'd pass that on in case anyone wanted to look at it for comparison's sake or for their own PC purposes.

Thanks for the help.

OP
D
Reaction score
Any ideas or thoughts about my post above? I'm currently using a trial account of OmniPlan, and like it. But I don't want to spend money on it if there's a consensus regarding a better alternative.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
OpenProj, open source

Base Camp

ProjectX, perhaps a little high price

iTaskX, exchange your documents with formats like MS Project MPP, MS Project XML or MS Project MPX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.