MacBook Pro Shutting Down When Closed

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been encountering problems lately with my MacBook Pro.

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, with Mac OS X Version 10.5.8.

Whenever I close the MacBook Pro, and open it again, the computer screen is black, and I have to restart the MacBook. Sometimes when I open it, the screen is lightly 'blued' out, and then a horizontal panel with lights (bars) comes up at the bottom. After this happens, I'm not able to use the mouse at all, and have to re-start the computer by pressing the power button. I've had to restart my computer recently quite a bit by pressing down on the power button and I'm aware that this is not the best thing for the computer.

This problem may be have been caused by the fact that I accidentally plugged in a 60 W adapter to my computer. I have to use 85 W adapter in order to power the machine.

I think the battery in my computer is very close to dead. If I unplug the AC cable, my computer turns off. I've had to use the AC cable with the computer in order to power up the machine for many months now!

I would love it if someone was able to help me out, as I use my machine for all my work and need it to keep on working for me!

Please let me know if you have suggestions on what I can do to improve the performance of my computer, and get it working properly again.

Thank you very much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.