iTunes: Locating music files?

• Thread starter leelovesbikesto
  • Start date
L

leelovesbikesto

A whole load of tracks in my iTunes need to be relocated in order to play them - is there any way to 'batch' relocate them, instaed of locating the tracks individually (there's a few thousand). I've tried to point iTunes to the iTunes Music folder but it won't 'see' the tracks within folders etc.

Any ideas?

TIA Lee

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I had the same problem, but I don't think that there is a solution. I just deleted all the tracks with the dead links, and then imported the same songs back into iTunes. But I'm sure that something you already knew, I'm afraid. It might be best to just start over and delete you whole library, even though you probably don't want to lose all the info along with the library. :( There, there. *hands leelovesbikesto a tissue* You can keep it this time. :eek:

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

iWhat said:
I had the same problem, but I don't think that there is a solution. I just deleted all the tracks with the dead links, and then imported the same songs back into iTunes. But I'm sure that something you already knew, I'm afraid. It might be best to just start over and delete you whole library, even though you probably don't want to lose all the info along with the library. :( There, there. *hands leelovesbikesto a tissue* You can keep it this time. :eek:

Thanks. Well, I've kinda fixed it; I had backed up the data and xml files and placed them on the desktop. I exported the library, quit iTunes and reimported the library to 'rebuild' it. Once iTunes knew where the tracks were, I replaced the data file with the original and, hey presto, the tracks' info was restored! There's a dozen or so tracks that need relinking, but the vast majority are fixed. Thanks for the tissue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.