Invisible Shield + Speck Case

Reaction score
Ok, so I was debating on buying an invisible shield for the sole purpose of covering the palm rest of my macbook pro. I was wondering, firstly, would it even fit with the speck case? Since the speck case doesn't cover the palm rest, i don't see a problem there. The area of concern is mostly in the small tabs of the speck case that hook onto the top area. Would there be enough clearance between the speck case and the invisible shield? I don't really care about putting the invisibleshield on the whole macbook, but I would if it would fit. My main concern is the palm rest, because i'm noticing a bit of wear on it.

Plus, would you think this is overkill? I looked at the moshi palmguard, but I don't like that that is silver, rather than clear. Plus, on amazon, its $23 for the palmguard compared to $26 for the invisibleshield.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I was going to do the same thing with a speck see thru satin! I don't have an answer for you but I hope someone does.

OP
M
Reaction score
I hope someone has the answer. I may just take a risk and buy it, because I really want it asap. Plus its in the same order on amazon as a book I need for college, and a keyboard cover, so I want to order them all together. haha

But I'm really wondering if it will fit, and I can't find any answer on google.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I hope someone has the answer. I may just take a risk and buy it, because I really want it asap. Plus its in the same order on amazon as a book I need for college, and a keyboard cover, so I want to order them all together. haha

But I'm really wondering if it will fit, and I can't find any answer on google.

Why not call up the invisible shield people and talk to them about it.

OP
M
Reaction score
I guess I will if I don't get a response, but I was just hoping to find someone who has actually done this, and could vouch that it works. (Just because that's a lot more reliable to me than asking one company if it works with another's case.

Reaction score
You may want to check out BestSkinsEver.com. I have used their shields and they are much cheaper than Invisible Shield.

I haven't used a shield with a speck case, but I have used a MacAlly Bookshell case with a shield on my white Macbook. In my experience, the Bookshell pushed the shield off the edges of the Macbook so that it went over the edges and collected dirt. If I am correct, the speck is even more tight than the Bookshell. I would expect it to not fit very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
I was watching a review for the moshi palm guard and I remember the reviewer saying that he has the invisishield with the spec and it didn't really fit. I think the guy's name was me morpheus or something

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You may want to check out BestSkinsEver.com. I have used their shields and they are much cheaper than Invisible Shield...

Might be cheaper, but does it have a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ok, so I was debating on buying an invisible shield for the sole purpose of covering the palm rest of my macbook pro. I was wondering, firstly, would it even fit with the speck case? Since the speck case doesn't cover the palm rest, i don't see a problem there. The area of concern is mostly in the small tabs of the speck case that hook onto the top area. Would there be enough clearance between the speck case and the invisible shield? I don't really care about putting the invisibleshield on the whole macbook, but I would if it would fit. My main concern is the palm rest, because i'm noticing a bit of wear on it.

Plus, would you think this is overkill? I looked at the moshi palmguard, but I don't like that that is silver, rather than clear. Plus, on amazon, its $23 for the palmguard compared to $26 for the invisibleshield.

I bought the speck case before I put on the invisishield, and once you put on the invisishield, the speck case will not have enough room to clip on. I still feel more comfortable with the invisishield being alone than having just the speck on! My cousin has the moshi on his 15'mbp, I don't like how you can clearly tell there is somehting there protecting it. The invisishield is pretty much invisible.

PS: ZAGG gets the Grade "A+" material of stoneshield(aka...invisishield) from A.D.
BestSkinsEver gets grade "B+ and below" If you had the money and could buy both of them, you will notice that the bestskinsever will almost always have the "orange peel texture", which pretty much is as described, the texture looks like that of an orange peel laid flat. So, it's not cheaper in the sense that ZAGG is overcharging, it's cheaper because grade "A+" material costs more than double for ZAGG to buy than it would cost to buy grade "B+ and below!" The difference is very noticeable. Along with the OPT, there is also streaks of glue and bubbles, ghostly/misty/dull sputs.and copper strings from the copper bar it was made on. Just thought I should let you know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
PS: ZAGG gets the Grade "A+" material of stoneshield(aka...invisishield) from A.D.
BestSkinsEver gets grade "B+ and below" If you had the money and could buy both of them, you will notice that the bestskinsever will almost always have the "orange peel texture", which pretty much is as described, the texture looks like that of an orange peel laid flat. So, it's not cheaper in the sense that ZAGG is overcharging, it's cheaper because grade "A+" material costs more than double for ZAGG to buy than it would cost to buy grade "B+ and below!" The difference is very noticeable. Along with the OPT, there is also streaks of glue and bubbles, ghostly/misty/dull sputs.and copper strings from the copper bar it was made on. Just thought I should let you know

I recently bought the a BestSkinsEver for my iPod Touch and am rather pleased with it. I guess it depends on what you mean by noticeable. If the texture is all you're going on for that, then I disagree. I don't notice the texture at all unless I'm looking at the screen when off. It also depends on what you're doing with it. I mean, if you plan on putting your laptop in a bag of nails and keys like ZAGG does, then yeah, get the InvisibleShield. If you plan on being pretty careful with it anyway and just wanted some added protection, then I'd think the "cheap" stuff would do just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
i have the invisible shield and the incase hard case and it fits just fine.. so i would almost be positive that the speck case will also fit. also i got the moshi keyboard guard and would recommend it!

Reaction score
I have Invisible Shield covering my whole MB and I have a Speck hard case on it as well. It fits just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I recently bought the a BestSkinsEver for my iPod Touch and am rather pleased with it. I guess it depends on what you mean by noticeable. If the texture is all you're going on for that, then I disagree. I don't notice the texture at all unless I'm looking at the screen when off. It also depends on what you're doing with it. I mean, if you plan on putting your laptop in a bag of nails and keys like ZAGG does, then yeah, get the InvisibleShield. If you plan on being pretty careful with it anyway and just wanted some added protection, then I'd think the "cheap" stuff would do just fine.

Don't get me wrong, they both do their jobs amazingly well. I was just explaining why there is such a price difference. The rolls I have at home range in quality from c grade all the way up to a+. It's not as easy to notice on small items like macs, when it was first made for army helicopters and was put to major use in high end vehicles(feraris, lamborghini's). The price increased when the owners of a ferrari complained about "dullness and orange peel". Then they noticed that it took more time and care to apply the glue well enough to look like liquid glass.

There is also different thicknesses, which is probably why mine or Morpheus's speck doesn't fit, and some others do fit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.