iCal (Lion) not syncing back to Outlook

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just bought an iPhone 4S (last week), and I've decided to set up iCloud so that it syncs my calendars and contacts between my phone, my iMac, and my Macbook.

I've set up Sync services in Outlook (Home 2011) so that the calendars and contacts sync with iCal and Address Book, so that I can then in turn sync them up to iCloud.

I have it working so that iCal and Address Book can read contacts and calendar entries from Outlook, but for some reason it won't work in return.

I want to be able to update something on my phone, that to in turn update my iCal/Address Book on my macs, and that in turn to update Outlook. That is the only step I can't seem to get working.

Any ideas why this would be? As I say, I can create an event in Outlook and almost immediately view it on my phone, but when creating an event on my phone, it goes to iCal, but nothing shows up in Outlook?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

ps. I wondered if it was something simple like making sure iCal / Address book are my default programs, but I didn't want to try it in the fear that it lost some data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.