eMac Display Problem - Contrast?

H

H3FC900s

Hi All, I'm new here - nice forums.

Has anyone experienced a problem with the eMac where the screen contrast 'jumps' and the screen flashes from time to time?

One day out of the blue the screen went real dark, no sounds, no pops.

I had to recalibrate the monitor and set the contrast + brightness to the highest levels to see whats on the screen. Now the screen is real washed out and

From time to time the screen flickers, gets real bright, back to dark. Some days its better that others.

Does anyone else have or had this problem? I dont think this is the Raster Shift that I've been reading about on the Net trying to find a solution..

Thanks everyone.!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Is there any stereo/speakers or big magnetic things of any kind near it? Another system or display?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Then the only thing I can think of off hand is a hardware (PRAM) reset. It's a really weird problem

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I had to recalibrate the monitor and set the contrast + brightness to the highest levels to see whats on the screen. Now the screen is real washed out and

Here is my take on things, it appears to me that your monitor is going out. If you have an Apple store near by, it would not hurt to take it in and have it checked.

OP
H

H3FC900s

Thanks you guys for the suggestions.

I dont plan on spending anymore money on this computer, I was thinking of attaching an external monitor to it. But the fixed refresh rate doesnt work with my PC monitor. oh well..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.