Built-in iSight not working as a webcam in XP ... ?

Reaction score
I'm running Windows XP Home Premium (32-bit, SP3) on my Intel iMac. What I need help with is getting the built-in iSight to run with a H.323-compatible videoconferencing program, such as Netmeeting. The iSight does work within Windows Explorer as an USB video imaging device; however, it doesn't activate when I use Netmeeting or Sorenson EnVision SL (a program used by deaf people to videoconference with other deaf people, such as myself). My question is, can I get the iSight to work as a webcam within XP, and if so, how? Thanks in advance; would really appreciate an answer ...

OP
O
Reaction score
*bump* Can someone please help me out here ... ? Still haven't gotten any replies. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
After Googling this for about 20 mins or so, the only thing I could come up with was Xmeeting for Mac. It can connect directly with Netmeeting on Windows and it's free. Hope this helps...?

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but this is not what I need. What I need is to know if I can use the built-in iSight camera on my Mac within a Windows environment, and have it work with Netmeeting much in the same way that, say, an external webcam would (e.g. a Logitech or Creative Labs webcam). I've tried looking all over for an answer, but nothing so far. Someone please help ... Thanks!

Reaction score
Same problem - I can't figure out how to turn on my Mac built-in webcam on Windows XP. Please help!!! I'm running VM Ware Fusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Try Boot Camp Assistant while you're in Windows. It should be a green, rectangular icon in the system tray, I think. It helps you set up and configure your Apple hardware for Windows use, including the camera and trackpad/mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.