MacBook Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)
Hello all,

Someone has asked me about the new MacBooks.

He whants a small laptop to use for recording small demos also for running something like cubase sx plus possibly a virtual piano like
synthology.

He would not be a power-user just needs to get in to recording demos and
trying out ideas etc so I would hope this has more than enough grunt for
that.

If it's stable and the virtual piano sounds fantastic then it may get used
live too.

I was suggesting 2GB of ram

What does everybody think???

James :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
yep that would work

Reaction score
Macboo is fine for that. He should get a proper midi interface though, like Fire, and the right cables to hook up. And a nice cheap little midi keyboard from m-audio. Sweet setup.

Cubae will run fine, but Apple's Logic is just killer.

A

Alli

If it's Steinberg The Grand you're talking about, then I'd stick with Cubase. It can be a little funny on other platforms.

MacBook will be great for this, but make sure he doesn't go bonkers with Widgets and flashy features like desktop cycling like I have if he wants to get the most out of his processors. I use an ASIO link system so I'm fine for processing power...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Yeah but he would have to wait until an intel version of cubase is out. I'm so desperately waiting to get it for my mini, I have logic on it and it runs perfectly even with just 512 ram (although I may be thinking about upgrading soon enough). He is probably wanting to invest into an audio interface, if he has got one what has he got?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.