Brother DCP-115C "all-in-one"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini "Lion", iPad2, iPod Touch
I've just installed a Brother Printer/Scanner/Copier and the software installation appears to have gone OK using the Mac CD.

As a printer, it's fine but if I try to use it as a scanner, via the Brother ControlCenter2, I get an immediate "Device not found" error.

Anyone had any experience with this particular P/S/C? I'm using Tiger 10.4.9

Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a Brother Laser that works great with OSX but never used their Ail In One. Since all the software and drivers work in OSX it should work. Try one thing, go to Applications and look for Image Capture. See if that sees the scanner. I will do some searching and get back to you if I find something.

OP
mgmcc
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini "Lion", iPad2, iPod Touch
Many thanks for the reply. You pointed me far enough in the right direction to be able to get it working.

By using the "Image Capture" application and setting the Brother device to use "TWAIN Software", I've been able to scan documents. The Brother "ControlCentre2" still doesn't seem to recognise that the all-in-one is connected, but that isn't in itself an issue. As long as I can both scan and print, it's doing what I need. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.