Sharing Apps on iPhone

Reaction score
If I buy an app from itunes for my iphone, can I share it with my wife on her iphone or does she have to buy the app as well?

thanks,
c4

Reaction score
I would love to know this as well, considering I'm getting the 4 soon and my gf already has a 3GS that's loaded with tons of apps I would love to get transferred to mine when I get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you use the same iTunes account, then you can most definitely share apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
added: i believe the official maximum is that you can install the apps on 5 iDevices..

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If I buy an app from itunes for my iphone, can I share it with my wife on her iphone or does she have to buy the app as well?

thanks,
c4

My wife and I do this all the time. As Kash said, you just have to use the same iTunes user account. One caveat, whoever is the second person to download the APP will see a message asking if you want to purchase (just like buying original) when you say yes then will inform you that you've already purchased the APP, so there is no double charge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.