Mac Mini monitor issue

Reaction score
I have an older mac mini and a widescreen monitor. The minis built in video will not allow widescreen aspect ratios, just 800x600, 1024x768 etc, so everything is very horizontally stretched. I have gone to the ATI web site and installed the latest drivers to no avail. it seems others with similar problems with this video card have been able to solve it using the catalist driver from ATI, but that doesnt work on the mac. Anyone run across this issue and have a solution???

TIA

Reaction score
I bought a ViewSonic VA1912wb, a wide screen 19 inch. The current resolution is 1400x900. This is a older Mini G4. Perhaps it is the monitor and not the Mini.

Is there anyway to try it with other monitors?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I also have a Viewsonic VA1912WB and full WideScreen Resolution 1400x900 on both a G4 mini and Intel Mini. The G4 Mini also gets full Widescreen res on my 22" Apple and a friends Westinghouse 22".

How are you hooked up? VGA? DVI?

What brand and model is your monitor?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.