what does "arged" mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
i was just getting ready to go to bed after syncing my ipod. i noticed my ipod said "arged" while it was plugged in. My friend whom i was talking to sayd that it may be a pirated ipod? o_O IT BETTER NOT BE! I SPENT LIKE A LOT OF MONEY AT BEST BUY!

what does "arged" mean?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no there are no updates, i mean i JUST DID a software update and the ONLY one it had was IPhoto :/ anyother suggestions?

PS i already checked that post on Answers, not helpful :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
no there are no updates, i mean i JUST DID a software update and the ONLY one it had was IPhoto :/ anyother suggestions?

PS i already checked that post on Answers, not helpful :/

Not a computer update a iPod firmware update!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you read that carefully? It said to Reset your iPod, not update the software.

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok what is firmware? and how do i update it. i mean i am not completely idiotic, i have HEARD firmware before, just dont know what it is fully...

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok it worked, but if it happens again should i just go back to best buy and say "HEY LOOK! >o<"?

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok so i reset my ipod, it works well, on an other Forum; GaiaOnline specifically, someone said this
It seems to be a typo/bug in the firmware for your 4th gen Ipod Nano - Arged and arging instead of charged and charging. It doesn't mean it's pirated (I think they meant that as a joke, BTW).

Try updating your firmware.
Quote by jaggedbubbles.

I mean i dont think they would do something like that but still... as i said on gaia as long as it wont interfere with my Ipods performance or is nothing where i would have to like complain over i am fine ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
You should be able to update the iPod itself in iTunes. Open iTunes, plug in your iPod. When it shows up under Devices, click on it, and then press the Check for Update button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.