iPhone stuck in recovery mode - tried everything - error 1501 1604 HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Hi,
My iPhone 3g (yes I know its extremely outdated) messed up a bit today - the screen wasn't working after I dropped it. I did a hard restore (instead of a hard reset) via iTunes.
The phone was jailbroken as I needed it be unlocked to my carrier.

Once I restored it via iTunes it was in recovery mode. Also I think the sleep/wake button isn't working properly now.

I tried to put it in DFU mode but it's just not working it keeps turning on then going to the recovery usb and itunes screen. I have used tinyumbrella to get it out of recovery mode but it just turns it off and goes back onto the recovery mode screen. I have also tried to put it in recovery mode from redsn0w and then add the dfu mode custom firmware 4.2.1 to itunes and restore from there but it comes up with a error 1604 and the phone is back on the recovery screen. Error 1604 is known for USB related problems. There is nothing wrong with the USB I have switched it in different ports and used a different USB.

Any Ideas? I am in desperate need to get it working asap I really need it tomorrow out of all days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011, Ipad 4, Iphone 5, Imac 21.5 2012, ipod 4thG
Read the thread on it already. I have the same issue and another member kindly gave me the info how to get out it it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.