Pop-up Blocker?

PoV

Reaction score
I'm new to Mac's, switching from PC and I used to use Ad Muncher on my PC but I can no longer do so on my Mac. It's because I can't run a .exe file, so I don't know.

Is it possible to run .exe files on Mac's? or is there a separate program that I could use to stop Pop-ups.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
.exe are windows executable files - they will not run on anything but windows.

In Safari - click Safari on the menu bar and put a check next to 'Block Pop-Up Windows'. No need for some separate program.

Opera has the same functionality built into it.

Firefox has lots of available add-ons.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-forums, PoV.

As others before me pointed out, .exe files only run on Windows.

For heavy duty Safari adblocking in webpages, you can check out PithHelmet, Saft or SafariBlock 2. But in most cases, the Block Pop-Up Windows bobtomay referred to is sufficient for pop-up windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Firefox version 3.012 beta has a pop-up window blocker under 'content' in Preferences.

OP
P

PoV

Reaction score
Yeah, I know but I still get pop ups on one of my main sites I go on and it's really frustrating.

Yes, I use Firefox too with Ad Block Plus and I still get them.

Anyone know the BEST pop up blocker add-on for Firefox?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.