problem installing windows 7 on iMac 27''

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, i5, 3.1 GHZ, 1 T, 8g RAM :)
Hello:)

I bought the new iMac 27'', 3.1 GHz, 8 G RAM.

also bought online, both windows 7 home edition, and Parallels Desktop 6, now I downloaded ISO files from the link sent to my email. when I run Parallels, and locate the ISO files, I stop at the black screen and the message appears:Angry: "BOOTMGR is missing, press ALT+CTRL+DELETE to restart". I looked everywhere for clear steps to install windows 7 with OUT CD/DVD, but I hope you guys help me with it. sorry for my bad grammar and all that. thanks in advance!

P.S all my softwares are official

27'med
:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you burn the downloaded ISO files to disk?

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, but I can choose "image file/ISO file" instead of CD/DVD. I want to try to burn it, but how? on my iMac? thanks for your reply.:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, on your Mac. Use Disk Utility to burn the ISO images to DVD.

Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Parallels is more than capable of installing from an ISO as well as a disc.

If you double click on the ISO does it mount in Finder so you can browse the files etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro retina 13" 8gb, 120ssd, i5 cpu, imac 8gb, 2.7ghz i5,1tb, iphone 5s 16gb. ipad 2 32gb
surly it would make more sense to use the disc would be more relyible, plus you cant get a iso file to boot up on boot up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
We're talking about an install in parallels, a virtual machine. Not booting the 'real' iMac.

If Parallels can't read the ISO I'd suggest the file is corrupt. So burning it to disc won't solve that. That's why I suggested mounting the disc to see if the files can be read etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro retina 13" 8gb, 120ssd, i5 cpu, imac 8gb, 2.7ghz i5,1tb, iphone 5s 16gb. ipad 2 32gb
ah ok i got the rong end of the stick my bad :(, have you tried extracting the iso then creating it as an iso again sometimes that would work. if not try using a program called power iso that makes a virtual cd drive in mac so you can mount iso files :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't mean to keep doing this... Apologies....

OSX can natively mount ISOs no extra software required

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i tried using an iso and your right mnac dose support iso, the iso file must be corrupt, it might be worth trying to burn in to disc, but then if its genuine iso from microsoft it should work

Reaction score
Downloading .ISO files is a chancy business - when I've done it with Linux, for example, about half the time the .ISO gets corrupted and I have to re-download it. Doesn't take much of a glitch to render it uninstallable - much lower threshold than images or audio or gaming - every little bit needs to be there exactly right. You can run a checksum to be certain. But the simplest thing is probably to download it once more and try the install again.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We're talking about an install in parallels, a virtual machine. Not booting the 'real' iMac.

If Parallels can't read the ISO I'd suggest the file is corrupt. So burning it to disc won't solve that. That's why I suggested mounting the disc to see if the files can be read etc.

Thanks for replying,

I did burn ISO file on DVD, it won't work, I do not know what do you mean by mounting the disc, I received links from Microsoft with product key, the link gave me options ( 32'' bit, 64 bit, 32 bit ISO, 64 bit ISO) .

Any Idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you double-click the ISO it will (if it's a full and un corrupt ISO) mount in finder. I.E. You see the disc in the lift pane of Finder in the same way/place you'd see a CD or DVD appear.

Either way I suspect the ISO image is corrupt and I'd suggest downloading it again.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you double-click the ISO it will (if it's a full and un corrupt ISO) mount in finder. I.E. You see the disc in the lift pane of Finder in the same way/place you'd see a CD or DVD appear.

Either way I suspect the ISO image is corrupt and I'd suggest downloading it again.

I will try. thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.