Help! External HD Stopped showing up!

Reaction score
Okay, so I installed an update last night. And during the update, my computer force quit while my external HD was plugged in. I had to single user start my computer to get it to boot up at all this morning and that worked after it fixed some issues through running fsck. Now my computer (macbook 08) works fine and normal, but when I plug in my external HD, it does not show up on my desktop or in disk utility. But it works fine on my work mac (imac) and also on a HP PC laptop. But I do all of my work on my macbook so I NEED it to work on that. Please help!!!!!

OP
A
Reaction score
....and also, I have tried restarting it, unplugging everything for 15 minutes then restarting, starting in verbose mode and not seeing any issues, and many other things. I have been "googling" now for 3 hours and nothing seems to help. I think I need a pro on this one. But I'm not sure who to call or email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about resetting PRAM, have u tried that, look here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.