• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie issues w/ HD Video's from Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290

Reaction score
For some reason, my iMovie won't read some of my HD movie files from my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290. I can record up to 720, and I like having that advantage, but sometimes, iMovie doesn't always like to play well with the videos. Some videos I can read, write, edit etc, but others dont even open and theyre all from the same camera.....is it perhaps a Memory Card issue in my camera messing up some files, or is it iMovie being finicky.....I'm thinking its my files on the memory card :Grimmace:

Reaction score
I am buying a new HD camera in the next few weeks. I went to Ritz/Wolf Camera, and they only sell Sony CamCorders. I told the guy I was going to be using a Mac, and he told me that Sony and Mac don't agree very often and told me some other cameras to look at, at other stores. This might be a cause of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.