airport using 95% cpu in activity monitor

Reaction score
Ok, so this is the 3rd time this has happened. First of all i rarely restart my macbook on OSX 10.4.10, only restart when it needs to be, most of the time i slap it shut to put it to sleep.

So the last 3 times i restarted it, it'd boot up and the fan's would kick in at full speed.. i'd wait 10-15 min but they're still going at it. So i open up activity monitor and at the top of the list is "airport" which is varying around 95% cpu usage. I quit the process and the fans calm down and everything is back to to normal. I'm still connected to wifi and my BT is still working so i don't know what process of "airport" i'm killing.

Heres what it says under the open file and ports tab in the process details, hope some one knows what it means and can help out.
Code:
/
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources/airport
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUnicodeData-L.mapping
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFCharacterSetBitmaps.bitmap
/usr/lib/dyld
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
/usr/lib/libauto.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebServicesCore.framework/Versions/A/WebServicesCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
/usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRaw.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
/System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
*:*
apple.shm.notification_center
->0x3acc770

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.