Audio - Can't hear my voice through microphone

Reaction score
Hiee guys!

I'm my TASCAM (US-122L) to my IMac.
My Tascam

I am using it as my new soundcard.

The problem is when I hook the mic up to the TASCAM (or straight to the MAC) I cannot hear myself in my headphones.

Here are some screen prints:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Everything Records fine, however, I can't hear myself in my headphones...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
It's because you have your audio output going back to the Tascam. You need to go to the menu from screen1 and select output as internal speakers to be able to hear what ever is input through the tascam to mac.

The way you have it setup now, you have to connect the speakers/headphones/whatever into the tascam device to get anything going to the output.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hey Village...thanks for the response!

Call me an idiot more than you...what you wrote was hard to follow...can you please dumb-it-down for me? I'm not that versed in this stuff...if you can :Smirk:

Thanks,
JennyW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Hey JennyW, what he was trying to say is that you need to go into the Preferences screen (garageband>preferences if I recall correctly). Under audio options you'll need to have your input as the Tascam, and the Output as "Built-In Audio".

Also, when you are recording, you'll need to make sure that you have monitoring turned on. You can get to that by double clicking the audio track that you are working on, and on the right hand side make sure that Monitor is set to "on".

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.