I Have No Sound!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Ok, so ive had my macbook two days and now theres no sound. talked to applecare and they couldnt figure ne thing out. My system preferences look like this for audio output:
SystPrefSound.jpg
I cannont adjust the volume if that means ne thing
it also isnt right in the Audio MIDI Set Up. That one looks like this:
AudioMIDI.jpg

i already cleared the PRAM(i think thats what its called) by holding apple+option+P+R as the macbook started up. Plus i reinstalled Mac OS X 10.4.6 with a clear and install. Im taking it up to the apple store that i bought it at to see if i can just get another one instead of sending it out for repair. after all who wants to be without their new toy for a week and a half, especially a new mac.

so if u have ne advice, ideas, or ne thing at all, please post. ill take ne help i can get!

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Ugh, I hate to see this happen. I definitly dont have any advice but hopefully Apple will take care of you properly and hook you up with a proper replacement.

Sorry your first experience was not the best :eek:neye:

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Dont worry, im still in love with the mac. i havent really had ne problems with ne thing else. its prbly either a hardware or driver issue or sumthin like that. and remember, us switcher are used to problems with our computers so its no biggie. i just hope i dont have to send it out, that would suck =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Ugh, waiting for the thing was one thing, but sending it back would seriously be like losing a limb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.