My search for a monitor for my MacBook Air

Reaction score
Of course the $999 Apple monitor looks great but I couldn't bring myself to spending that kind of money to have a monitor for my MacBook Air. After some researching I purchased a Samsung FX2490 from Amazon. The image looked like crap from the Air. After 2 hours of Samsung support on the phone (and many Windows commands that of course didn't work) they told me I needed to upgrade my hardware. Go figure. Can you spell RMA.....

I decided to go to the local Fry's Electronics with my Air and see if they would let me connect into monitors in the store. I nice sales rep said sure so I went back to the car to get my Air and HDMI adapter. I connected into the Benq E2420 and we went through some settings. I am very happy with the clarity and picture quality. I would suggest this monitor for anyone with a MacBook that is looking for a great picture. By the way I'm running at 1080p.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.