Getting a new macbook pro 13in soon!

Reaction score
I've had my mac mini since 2009 (the last version to have the disc drive) and my Dell pc laptop with windows 7 died so I've decided to get a macbook pro, not just for compatibility but for pro tools as well. Anyway - now on to the app question. I've used cleanmymac on my mac mini, I've also used mackeeper. I know about Onyx and I may try it out but does it have the same features as either? I want something that can remove catches, remove apps, remove language files and so on. CleanMyMac has been great on my mac mini but should I use it on my macbook pro?

Also, what would be some good apps to download? And games to test out the graphics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
Do you really need a cleaner as a standard user ?
In my opinion the answer is no .
But if you like to use one there are a lot of cleaning aps .
As a example Onyx , Monolingual etc .
From what a read the mackeeper is combination of Onyx and Monolingual .
If you have SSD drive as a start up drive than the Monolingual can be use full to delete the language you do not use .
But once deleted you can only get it back by reinstalling the OS
So in general if you are going to use a cleaner use it carefully .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Mac keeper is rubbish. Performing a search for Mackeeper on this site would throw up a whole host of largely negative reviews.

Onyx on the other hand is held if rather high regard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I use Onyx for clearing cache out, and I really think it is a hold-over from my Windows days. I only do it about once a month or so, but even then, I dont think I really even need to do that.

None of the rest of those really matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.