I'm stuck..

Reaction score
Hello people, my name's Tony, and I'm new to Mac-Forums. Already starting to like it here. :) Anyways, here's my issue. Ok so about a few weeks ago I finally had enough money gathered together for a new Mac. So I went to the Apple Online Store and checked some things to see what I wanted to purchase. Well, I'm now stuck between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro. I would prefer the MacBook Air, mainly because I don't really trust ordinary hard drives anymore (it's a long story.) It's mainly the accessories I want with the machine. I would like a SuperDrive, but I don't use it often and it's rather cumbersome to keep it next to my desk. The only advantage I found with the MacBook Pro is that I can use an Apple Remote and there's a built in SuperDrive. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: The $100 iTunes Gift Card is for the iPhone and Mac App Store.

-Tony

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The only downside I can see for the MBA is the lack of user upgrades. Basically what you buy it what you get. You can't upgrade the RAM or get more disk space.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Please don't start a poll regarding your question. If you wish an opinion, just ask for it. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.