Itunes lost my TV shows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
All my Apple software up to date. I have a couple of TV series I purchased through iTunes. It had always been located in a folder called TV Shows inside my iTunes Music folder. Not too long ago I chose to reorganize my music library via the preference panel in iTunes. After doing some final cleanup of unwanted songs etc, I took a vacation from viewing any podcasts or TV shows. Today, when I tried to play one of the downloaded TV shows, I am told by iTunes that the file couldn't be found and would I like to locate it. I tried to locate, but it was not to be found. I searched the HHD, my Time Machine (only @ a month old) and a second backup drive that I added to the Airport Extreme. No TV shows cold be found. iTunes indicate that the shows were indeed downloaded, but that is all. Then I remembered I had an even older backup located in a safe area that was created BEFORE I had reorganized iTunes and luckily I found a folder inside the iTunes Music folder that held those TV Shows. Right now I am copying them over to my HHD and wonder just where should I place them. Right now, there are folders called: Audiobooks, AutoAddToItunes, Downloads, Mobil Apps, Movies, Music, Podcasts & Voice Memos inside my iTunes Music folder. Should I create one called TV Shows or just let iTunes import them to the correct location? thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Since they are still being shown in iTunes - right click on one of them in iTunes - that will give you the location of where iTunes thinks it is located - move your backup copies there.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
bobtomay,
That was one of my problems-the location no longer existed. I decided to remove all from my library and re-import, but set the preference to copy to media folder when importing and so a TV Shows folder was created and items placed there. I don't understand why when I had iTunes reorganize my files, the tv shows weren't placed in the correct spot as it did for my pop casts. Thanks for you advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.