Hard drive invisible; cannot install OSX

Reaction score
I have a Macbook, Intel based, purchased in 2007. Last week, I got the gray screen of death (probably from moving my Mac before it went all the way to sleep). I ran disk repair and had the "Invalid B-tree node size" and "Volume needs to be repaired." I searched all kinds of forums and tried everything, but what finally worked was a Zero out Erase. Disk Utility then repaired the drive, and I was happy.
But, now when I go to reinstall OS X off the Disk, when I get to "Select a Destination" there is NOTHING there. There is no drive to select. How can I reinstall OS X? Anyone? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
You need to make sure your harddrive is formatted in HFS+ (Mac OS Extended Journaling) and has a GUID partition table.

Boot into your OS X disk, choose Disk Utility, and click on your Harddrive, and create a new Partition with a GUID table.

Once that is done, you should be able to install OS X without any problems.

Reaction score
HD not seen, how to reinstall OSX 10.5?

I have a Macbook, Intel based, purchased in 2007. I suddenly got a grey screen with the sign of death. I tried to reinstall the system (Leopard) from the CD, but the computer does not see the hard disk. I tried disk utility but it does not see the hard disk either.

I understand form several posts that this may mean the disk is dead, or that somehow its formatting/GUID partition table went wrong. However, in most cases the posts were too technical for me to understand what I should do to solve my problem....

Could someone explain me in simple terms how I could test whether the disk is OK, and if it is, how I could have access to it to check its format/partition table?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.