cannot, in any way, tried every option, get airport extreme working

Reaction score
hello people. i have a huge problem. i recently purchased an airport extreme base station, in order to actually have wifi that traveled through more than 1 wall. so i buy apple, because it is the best.

then, i get home, and days later, i still have no wifi. i have tried almost every configuration possible, including bridge mode, dhcp, and a few others as well.

i am very experianced with android and linux systems, but this little thing has got me beat. can anybody help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The base station is just another router and all have their faults being intricate FREDS!
Problem sounds like in the set up. What Airport Card/computer are you using?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you please give us more info? First, how is everything connected up? What internet do you have? It should have a modem. Is that plugged into the right port in the back of the Airport Extreme? Are you using the Airport Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder to set it up? Tell us exactly what you are doing with the settings.

Does it work as a Wired router and is it only the Wireless that you are having issues with? Are you using this as a router plugged into your DSL/Cable modem or just a WiFi Access point? What other equipment is connected to the AE?

With that info we can better help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.