Lion Finder won't browse NAS Drive EXT3

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to Lion and I am no longer able to access my NAS drive via finder. I am seeing very odd behaviour. First up this is what I'm running...

Set Up
- 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MB Pro
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
- The network is running DHCP but with reserved network addresses for both the NAS and the MB Pro
- NAS drive is a 2TB RAID 1 Radion unit with both Bonjour and SAMBA running

Symptoms
- NAS Drive Detected
- Folder ion under on drive has a '-' sign
- On double click I get "The Folder 'xxxxxx' can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its contents" (of course the users I've tried connecting with do have permission)
- iTunes can access all music on the drive but only in a 'Read Only' capacity
- From Terminal I can navigate and access all files on the drive once mounted
- All files on my NAS drive now appear to be 'owned' by the profile logged in

What I've tried
- Creating a new NAS user with the same credentials as the user login for OS X
- Mounting the drive using SAMBA (I had read somewhere that it may be caused due to an out of date AFP protocol???)
- Of course 'Google' and all it entails ;-)

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how I can get my NAS drive back up to full operation.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you have the latest firmware installed on your ex drive ?
Does the mfg of the drive support up to 10.7 a lot of them stop at 10.6.8 ?

OP
L
Reaction score
Do you have the latest firmware installed on your ex drive ?
Does the mfg of the drive support up to 10.7 a lot of them stop at 10.6.8 ?
Its quite an old NAS drive and I'm sure it won't be supporting 10.7 as such. I can understand if it will no longer work using 'Bonjour' (if not a bit miffed that there isn't backwards compatibility) but shouldn't mounting it using SAMBA be fine?

It seems strange that I can browse (read/write) to the drive just fine using terminal but when using finder I don't appear to have permissions. This smells like a bug to me but would like to know if others have this problem or even better a solution.

Just in case someone is familiar with the drive I'm using it is...
Product Name: SL3620-2S-LB2
Firmware Version: 1.472B
Product Vendor: Raidon
File System: EXT3 (RAID 1)

OP
L
Reaction score
OK so the plot thickens...

I didn't realise but I had 'Windows' sharing enabled on my NAS drive. It appears that OS X 10.7 is attempting to connect using this by default. Being a complete novice at this networking stuff and in particular with windows can some one give me some pointers on what I should do? I have ensured tat the 'Workgroup' is entered on 'WINS' details page of my network connection... I have tried connection by 'smb://'. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next... Downgrade?

OP
L
Reaction score
OK this is defiantly a bug. This problem only exhibits itself in 'Column View'. Viewing the drives folders in 'Icons', 'List' or 'Cover Flow' works just fine.... :-( + Yea!!!

Hope they fix it soon.

Reaction score
How?

OK this is defiantly a bug. This problem only exhibits itself in 'Column View'. Viewing the drives folders in 'Icons', 'List' or 'Cover Flow' works just fine.... :-( + Yea!!!

Hope they fix it soon.

Hope you're still reading this Lukus... I have the same unit, the same problem but it's not limited to column view. So my setup must be wrong. If you don't mind: what is your setup on the NAS and what are you using to access it (smb?)

TIA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.