Upgrading Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
I currently have the iPhone 3G which I have on O2 (UK) on Pay&Go (non monthly tariff) and my wife has a Sony Ericcson phone.

However my wife has just bough an iPhone 3GS from her work colleague who's just got the iPhone 4 and was selling the 3GS at a stupidly, stupidly low price. As my wife won't use an iPhone as much as I do, what we want to do is for me to have the 3GS and she will take my 3G.

How do we do this both in terms of how do we get all my data etc off my 3G to put on the 3GS and what do we need to do to get my wife to be able to use the 3G whilst retaining her phone number? I assume I need to do something like de-authroise my iPhone in my iTunes library but beyond that I'm a bit lossed.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
A visit or call to your provider should do the trick. Here in the States I was able to pass on my 3G to my wife with a visit to AT&T, just took a few minutes and it was free.

As far as the data/reimaging, do you each have your own iTunes? You should just be able to do a complete reset on each phone and then synch & register it to the new user's iTunes, and it will pick up the last saved image. As soon as you hook up a new device iTunes will guide you through the registering and synching procedure.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Ahh excellent, nice and simple then. That's what I like to hear!

We do both have our own iTunes library so that should be easy.

Cheers for that, much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
It was easier than I expected. :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.