Applying a theme

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If I apply any theme to said Mac X 10.2.3, then upgrade to 10.2.4. Would I loose the theme and would I need to re-apply? I know in some cases if you alter the operating system, an update may over write some of the altered files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
I didn't have that problem. There are some issues with 10.2.4 though:

"I've tried a couple of themes in 10.2.4. They seem to work fine. The only problem I had was that ThemeChanger would apply an old Aqua backup when I switch between them. So I recommend that before you upgrade to 10.2.4 you should restore Aqua.

- If you use ThemeChanger, choose "Restore Aqua" and then "Remove Aqua backup" from the File menu.
- If you use Duality, you should switch to "Aqua/Turn Duality Off".

When the 10.2.4 install is complete and you have restarted you can reapply the theme again."

- Max Rudberg (http://homepage.mac.com/max_08/)

J

JazzTrpt

Stoomie said:
how do I install a theme to my mac?

You can download themes from a lot of different sites....here's some that I have used:

stretch.tc/aquaworld/themes/themes.html

homepage.mac.com/max_08/

Once you download some themes, you can use a program such as Duality 4 GT to choose between the themes you've downloaded. I think you can get Duality from:

versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16275

(dead links removed)

Have fun!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.