How to double your iPod's Capacity

OP
M

meltbanana314

This is bleedin' obvious. Of couse AAC is a more efficent format than MP3.

But seeing as how it's from "www.tokeup.com" I suppose I have to give them some slack in the "telling people the bleedin' obvious" department. :mac:

OP
G

GoTTi

meltbanana314 said:
This is bleedin' obvious. Of couse AAC is a more efficent format than MP3.

But seeing as how it's from "www.tokeup.com" I suppose I have to give them some slack in the "telling people the bleedin' obvious" department. :mac:
your a idiot. it doesnt matter if its from tokeup. this is what some guy on ebay has been selling and alot of people wanna know what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
GoTTi said:
your a idiot. it doesnt matter if its from tokeup. this is what some guy on ebay has been selling and alot of people wanna know what it is.

It's absolutely nothing. He is selling nothing to idiots. All he says is to set your AAC encoding to 96kbps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Thats what I call elementary. Common-sense, pretty much...

OP
M

meltbanana314

GoTTi said:

I absolutely refuse to lower myself to your level and get in a name calling match with you. The article is pointing out the obvious, and is not selling anything. Anybody who doesn't know the difference between MP3s and AACs will find the article helpful - but the article you posted doesn't do Mac-Forums much good. A lot of us here own iPods and I'm sure all of us know the difference between MP3s and AACs (I prefer AACs, myself.)

If you want to go call people names and post useless articles online, go visit Slashdot or K5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
meltbanana314 said:
I absolutely refuse to lower myself to your level and get in a name calling match with you. The article is pointing out the obvious, and is not selling anything. Anybody who doesn't know the difference between MP3s and AACs will find the article helpful - but the article you posted doesn't do Mac-Forums much good. A lot of us here own iPods and I'm sure all of us know the difference between MP3s and AACs (I prefer AACs, myself.)

If you want to go call people names and post useless articles online, go visit Slashdot or K5.
exactly. I use aac when and where I can, Ive grown sorta tired of mp3s.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think that GoTTi only posted this as people have been wondering what this guy was selling on eBay a few days ago.

Basically he was selling a "trick" to double your iPods capacity for 10 Pounds on eBay.co.uk and everyone was trying to guess what this magical trick was.

GoTTi posted the answer, which is of course painfully obvious...as you quite rightly pointed out.

Just trying to help clear things up.

GoTTi: Don't call people names for not reading every single eBay listing there is.

OP
G

GoTTi

well ne1 can take it how they want. dunno why it matters if it was posted on tokeup or if i have it listed on ipodlounge.com...either way it goes, yes its the walkthrough that this guy is selling on ebay...

i tried it and i didnt notice a lower quality on the songs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I encode my songs at 160kb aac which is perfect for me, as lower bitrates DO have a noticeable impact on sound quality.

If you're using the original earbuds, you might not notice much of a difference, but if you are using decent headphones or speakers, 64Kb AAC will sound like crap.

That's why apple claims 10,000 songs at 128kb aac - it's around the minimum bitrate you should use if you want your music to sound halfway decent .

OP
V

vuschejan

Aptmunich said:
I encode my songs at 160kb aac which is perfect for me, as lower bitrates DO have a noticeable impact on sound quality.

If you're using the original earbuds, you might not notice much of a difference, but if you are using decent headphones or speakers, 64Kb AAC will sound like crap.

That's why apple claims 10,000 songs at 128kb aac - it's around the minimum bitrate you should use if you want your music to sound halfway decent .

How would I go about changingall my songs to AAC 128 kb? I mean Some are some arnt.... so when I try it errors and quits whenever it hits the ones that are already like that.

OP
G

GoTTi

im bout to do alot of songs, i did some songs and i didnt notice a diff, we'll see...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.